You look out your window, you feel a chill run through your body and can just know its cold outside.
Its winter in Ontario and by now, your pool should be winterized and closed.
Typically there isn’t really much that must be done until spring but there are a few things you could do to make your opening quicker and easier.
- Using a skimmer or leaf net to remove debris that falls onto your pool cover.
- Using a small cover pump and hose you can pump some of the water off the top of the cover if it gets to high.
- If covered with tarp and water-bag system, ensure bags are properly filled, haven’t leaked out, and are still in proper position; end to end with no gaps so nothing can get under your cover.
- If covered with a fitted/snap in cover, ensure bead is secured in the coping around the entire perimeter of the pool.
- If covers are being weighed down and pulled into the pool, running a hose under the cover to bring up the pools water level can help release some of the tension.
**Tip – If your fitted cover has tightened and won’t go back in the coping, boil some water and pour it over the cover to help soften it and put it back in place.
Periodically checking on your pool will help protect your investment and speed up your opening.